Facebook was my introduction to online communities and is (sadly) still probably the website I frequent most often today. As stalkerish and addicting as it can be, it isn't really debatable that Facebook is one of the best social networking sights out there. I like it because it allows me (not exactly the most organized person in the world) to have all my "social affairs" in one place...pictures, chatting, messages. It's got everything you need in that respect. It makes it pretty easy for you to stay connected with friends, reconnect with old ones, and even meet some new people as well. I know I probably sound like I advertise for them right now, but it has really made my life easier since moving abroad.
It also wasn't until I came to France that I started becoming interested in blogs. I'm not particularly keen on writing...especially writing my thoughts knowing that multiple people are going to be reading them. I find that it takes me a long time and it honestly makes me a little anxious. However, I liked the idea of being able to mix the different "modes" of communication to relay my experiences in France to friends and family back home. Sooo I decided to start a blog when I got here! Of course it was really bad and I rarely wrote on it, but that's why I'm taking this class. To learn how to improve! Now if I could only figure out how to resize these photographs in iPhoto...

No comments:
Post a Comment