Friday, January 8, 2010

Bienvenue!

I know I already introduced myself in the discussion board but here's a quick recap: My name is Beverly and I am a senior from Charleston, South Carolina. Right now, I am working as an au pair in Paris for one year. For those of you who don't know what that is, I am basically a live-in nanny. I take french courses in the morning with other girls like myself and watch after five kids in the afternoon and evening. It's very different from a study abroad experience but I'm glad because it's almost like a total immersion in French culture. 


When I first read the course description for this class, I was like JACKPOT! Seriously, it could have been made for me. That's not to say I have an inkling of a clue what I'm doing---the course outline and introduction videos were definitely intimidating. However, being a Sociology major and a Communications minor, this is pretty much a mix of my two favorite subjects. I am particularly excited to learn about using multimodal communication on our blogs because I think it really enhances the virtual experience. It'll be a good business tool for us all to have in the future too I'm sure.


Traveling and learning about other cultures is one of my passions so I can't wait to see what everyone has to share about their experiences abroad! Now time to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment